Follow this link (copy and paste) to read our story in the Successful Farmer Magazine!
There’s a certain way of doing things that’s just right. Prairie Pride Farm of Minnesota knows that first hand. The traditions established over 100 years ago on this 6th generation family farm are carried on today by owners Roger and Dawn Hubmer and can be experienced in the quality products that Prairie Pride Farm of Minnesota offers.
Prairie Pride Farm of Minnesota began selling pork and chicken products at the Mankato Farmers Market, Mankato in the late 1990s, believing that people wanted flavorful pork, raised without antibiotics and as humanly as possible. They were right.
Paul and Brheanna who operates the farm’s BBQ catering business and serves as pit master, believe in doing things right. You might call it a little old-fashioned. No antibiotics, no hormones, no animal bi-products. But the results speak volumes.
Today Prairie Pride Farm of Minnesota has grown and evolved into a nationally renowned, award-winning producer of consumer pork, chicken and other farm fresh products. Not bad for doing things the old-fashion way! In 2020 Paul and Brheanna took over ownership and have made it their mission to continue to bring the best possible products to you. They opened a retail location located in Mankato that brings not only Prairie Prides full product line, but also 100’s of other small family businesses products. This includes beef, cheeses, turkey, seasonings, sauces soups and many other wonderful products.
Prairie Pride Farm of Minnesota, LLC has accumulated numerous awards:
- Minnesota Pork All American – 1994
- Blue Earth County Farm Family of the Year – 1999
- Pork Quality Assurance Certified
- Environmental Assurance Certified
- 1st Place Indian Summer Hog Show
- Champion Meat Quality – BE Co. Fair – 1998
- Champion Meat Quality – BE Co. Fair – 1996
- Champion Meat Pen, MN State Fair – 1989 & 1999
- Champion Meat Pen, MN Spring Barrow Show – 1989
- World Pork BarBeQlossal, 10th Place Whole Hog – 2000
- Minnesota Best BBQ Award, World Pork BarbeQlossal – Indiana – 2000
- 1st and 2nd Place Barbecue Sauce, Fiery Food Challenge, Chile Pepper Magazine – 2001
- World Pork BarbeQlossal Reserve Grand Champion Pork Division – 2001
- 2014 Outstanding Conservation of the Year for Blue Earth County
- Minnesota Water Quality Certified Farm 2018